Workers Compensation Overview

If you have been injured at work, The Law Office of Perry Dean Ellis can help. We have almost two decades of experience in resolving workers compensation claims, and ensuring that you are taken care of. Call us at 404.870.9997 to get started today!

Frequently Asked Questions For Workers Comp

Q: If I get hurt on the job, what do I need to do?

A: An injured worker MUST report a work injury to their Employer within 30 days of being injured.

Q: Do I have a choice about the Doctor I go to see?

A: If you were injured on the job, and do not like the Workers' Compensation doctor you are seeing, you are entitled to a one time change of doctors on your Employer's list of WC doctors.

Q: What if I was fired from my job, but I’m still injured?

A: If you have been fired from the job that you were injured at, you will still have a good workers' compensation case against your former employer if you are still injured.  (In other words, your WC case is by no means over, just because you have been fired from that job).

Q: What happens if  my case was denied?

If your Workers' Compensation case is being denied in whole or even in part, contact the Law Office of Perry Ellis immediately.  (The longer you wait to pursue a case, the more difficult it can be to win)  DON'T DELAY!!

Q: When do I need to file a claim?

A: You MUST file a claim form (called a WC-14) with the State Board of Workers' Compensation within the following:  1) a year of when you were injured.  2) a year of when you started missing time from work as a result of your injury.  3) a year of when your employer last paid for your medical treatment.  Your employer or their insurance company will NOT file this form.  It is the injured workers responsibility to file a claim form in a timely manner.  We can walk you through this process!

Q: Why can’t I handle my Workers Comp case myself?

A: There are many rules, regulations and deadlines under the Georgia Workers' Compensation Act that a lay person would have no idea about. We KNOW what doctors you WANT to see for a WC injury, and what doctors you DO NOT WANT to see for a WC injury.

Do not try and "handle" a Workers' Compensation case yourself.  This could prove fatal to your potential case.  If you have been injured on the job, contact the Law Office of Perry Ellis sooner rather than later.  

Google+ © 2018 The Law Office of Perry Dean Ellis